Meet the Arthur School Staff – Grad Assistant, Arran Wright

Hometown: Hope Mills, NC

Undergraduate Institution & Degree: East Carolina University BSBA-Marketing; Minor-Creative Writing

Graduate Institution(s) & Degree(s): East Carolina University MBA, MS-STH, Marketing Certificate

What is one thing people would find most surprising to learn about you? In July 2020, I traveled from Greenville, NC to Boulder, CO starting with only $84, funding my trip by delivering groceries for Instacart and food for UberEats. I came home with more money than I started with.

Any fun plans this summer?  I will be going to 8 National Parks in 8 days! Congaree in South Carolina, The Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, Gateway Arch in Missouri, Indiana Dunes in Indiana, Cuyahoga Valley in Ohio, Shenandoah in Virginia, and New River Gorge in West Virginia.

FAVORITES

Favorite course in college: UNDERGRAD – ENGL3840: Intro to Poetry Writing; GRAD – MKTG 6652: Digital Marketing

Favorite ECU tradition: Maybe not a tradition, but a memorable time was when the “Gunbrella Man” hit campus.

Favorite place on campus: The top deck of the new Student Center

Favorite hangout: Pitt Street Brewing Co.

Favorite place to eat: Christy’s Euro Pub

Favorite vacation spot: I love New Orleans for a city getaway, but Mount Shasta in Northern California is my favorite place I have ever been.

Favorite TV show: The Office, but an argument could be made for Saved By The Bell                                                      

Favorite band/musician: LETTUCE!!

Favorite movie: Favorite Overall Movie: Across the Universe; My Comfort Movie: Pride & Prejudice; Honorable Mentions: Dirty Dancing, Chicago, The Wizard of Oz, and all of the Harry Potter movies.

Favorite app: If you mean appetizer, gotta go with Fried Pickles!

Do you have any pets? No pets. =(

Do you have any hobbies, special interests, or fun facts that you would like to share? I can spin fire!

MOTIVATIONS

Businessperson you most admire: Mackenzie Tewksbury – Backstage Coffee Owner/Operator, ECU Alum with a master’s in communication.

Your words to live by: “Life is short. Drive fast and leave a sexy corpse.” -S. Hudson, The Office

Recent Posts

Categories