Center for Healthcare Management Systems
The mission of the Center for Healthcare Management Systems (CHMS) is to improve healthcare quality, efficiency, and access by advancing knowledge of healthcare management and systems through interdisciplinary research and community engagement in the national and international contexts.
We conduct, promote and facilitate applied and theoretical research between ECU College of Business faculty and faculty at the School of Medicine, the College of Allied Health Services, and the College of Nursing. The CHMS also encourages collaboration between ECU College of Business faculty and researchers and practitioners at other academic institutions.
The current goals of the center include:
- Establish connections with national and international healthcare organizations
- Collaborate with external organizations
- Attact external funding
- Involve COB faculty interested in healthcare research with CHMS
- Facilitate internal interdisciplinary collaboration at ECU
- Conduct pilot studies to prepare for federal grant applications