Master of Business Administration
A pioneering MBA degree program built to advance careers
Gain a competitive edge, develop valuable skills, and drive your career forward with East Carolina University’s internationally recognized Master of Business Administration degree. As one of the most affordable MBA programs in North Carolina, our graduate program is a smart choice for any student who values high quality and low costs.
Earn an AACSB-accredited MBA degree in two years or spread it out longer if that is a better fit for your life and goals. Plus, you will have the opportunity to grow your network with ECU’s accomplished alumni and friends of the MBA program for continued impact.
If you are a high-achieving recent graduate, our Immersive Master of Business Administration pathway will provide you the same MBA coursework with an immersive internship experience with an eastern North Carolina Company … all in the same academic year.
First online MBA program in North Carolina
Staying true to PirateNation and our innovative nature, East Carolina University was the first to offer a fully online MBA program in North Carolina. Since 2005, our accredited online MBA program has been providing graduate students the opportunity to engage with experienced faculty, participate in industry-forward courses, and build in-demand skills—all through our virtual format.
We offer many delivery methods and course options for you to complete your degree. Earn your master’s in business administration online, on campus, or a combination of two. Our affordable, flexible program is ranked as one of the best value MBA programs in North Carolina—designed for both business and non-business undergraduates.
Why earn a Master of Business Administration degree at East Carolina University?
Our flexible, accredited online MBA program is great if you’re a working professional or simply looking to get your foot in the door of the evolving and exciting business world. When you choose ECU to earn your master’s in business administration online or on campus, you get to create a schedule that works with your life and commitments, alongside the support and guidance of a dedicated advisor.
Gain practical skills and business insight, giving you an edge over competition to fast track your professional goals.
Discover exciting internships to bridge the gap between your education and career.
Join a supportive community offering world-class instruction and life-changing connections.
Accredited online MBA program built for you
Build a customized MBA degree plan with affordable, convenient courses. Earn your master’s in business administration online, on campus, or hybrid—you can attend when it fits best for you.
Courses you will take in the MBA program
As one of the top MBA programs in North Carolina, you’ll gain practical skills, develop future-focused perspectives and become a dynamic industry leader.
Our master’s in business administration online or on-campus program provides an engaging and flexible education that advances your knowledge in theory and practice of business management. Your MBA program coursework is divided into three categories:
- Seven foundation courses: Build your business knowledge base. These graduate courses can be completed online only or, in some cases, can be waived based on grades in previously completed undergraduate course work.
- Eight common body of knowledge courses: Gain a portfolio of tools, skills, and techniques needed to succeed as a manager. You can complete these MBA program courses online or on-campus.
- Three electives/Graduate certificate: Tailor your MBA experience with specialized courses in business. Choose from more than 30 different electives or complete the coursework to earn a graduate certificate instead. Courses in this category can be completed entirely online.
Hear from our ECU MBA degree program graduates
“The ECU Master of Business Administration program delivers compelling and critical knowledge for business leaders of today and tomorrow. The MBA degree program is more than accessible and affordable. It is, importantly, deeply valuable. This MBA improves and advances careers and allows so many to improve and advance our society.”
—Andy Curliss, MBA ’19
National Director of Strategic Initiatives, SAS
What can you do with your MBA degree from East Carolina University?
Joining our supportive MBA community will open doors and make a rewarding impact on your life. Invest in your future with one of the most affordable, flexible MBA programs in North Carolina.
Elevate your dream career and life
Earning your Master of Business Administration degree from East Carolina University prepares you to enter the competitive business world and build a successful company.
- Improve leadership and managerial skills
- Apply strategic thinking
- Build communication skills
- Navigate difficult situations
Where are ECU MBA alumni working?
Earn your ECU Master of Business Administration degree to advance your leadership career in a wide variety of industries, including: consulting, finance, insurance, marketing, operations, health care, and human resources.
It pays to invest in your education, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- MBA salaries are some of the highest in the job market. The median annual salary for management jobs is the highest wage of all major career groups at nearly $110,000 in 2020.
- Working professionals with a master’s degree earn up to $12,000 more annually than counterparts with only a bachelor’s degree.
- Management career opportunities are expected to grow 9% through 2030.
Get started on your MBA degree
Take the next step toward earning your master’s in business administration degree. We have the resources to answer all your questions and help you get started.
Degree programs and graduate certificates related to the MBA program
- Master of Public Administration
- Graduate certificates in Marketing, Business Analytics, Project Management, Health Care Management, and Leadership in Organizations
Accreditation for the Master of Business Administration program at ECU
Since 1967, East Carolina University’s College of Business has been AACSB accredited. Only about 5% of the world’s business schools, including accredited online MBA programs, have earned this distinction—considered the gold star in management education.