Diversity and Inclusion
At the College of Business (COB), diversity and inclusion are a critical part of our legacy. The global economy demands participants respect various worldviews, including backgrounds, cultures, religions and identities in order to be successful.
Nestled in eastern North Carolina, our diverse student body, faculty and staff are dedicated to producing leaders who welcome and encourage ALL experiences so they may disrupt the status quo when bringing new thought to the business community. Our college may be small in size, but our reach is GLOBAL and DIVERSE.
The COB created the Diversity & Inclusion Action Committee (DIAC), which includes students, faculty and staff. The DIAC will curate a community of inclusiveness in the COB that appreciates, celebrates, and respects diversity. Additionally, the committee assists the COB in achieving its diversity goals. Its overall goal is to promote and support an welcome climate that respects and celebrates diversity by attracting, developing and educating a diverse student, faculty and staff population. The DIAC serves as an advisory body to the Dean of the COB.
The DIAC is charged to do the following:
- FACILITATE communication of the COB’s commitment to diversity.
- ENGAGE the College in supporting and celebrating diversity.
- ASSIST with the continued development of a College climate and culture that supports and celebrates diversity.
- Serve in an ADVISORY capacity to the College community to meet diversity goals of the ECU Strategic Plan.
- Be available to COLLABORATE with and build coalitions among campus groups and the community.
- PROMOTE an EDGE perspective (Ethics, Diversity, Globalization, Environment) in all COB activities.
For additional information, email Dr. Amy McMillan, Copeland Director of Diversity and Inclusion, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.