Mission of Advising at ECU
College of Business Advising is part of the East Carolina University Academic Advising Collaborative. The mission of the collaborative is to guide, serve and support students by partnering with academic departments and support services, to promote diverse educational experiences, and to foster professional success and responsible citizenship.
Everybody has a part to play
Advising is a partnership and, like any partnership, each person has responsibilities.
- Discuss major requirements and assist in course selection
- Provide accurate and timely information
- Discuss academic goals and ways to meet them
- Make referrals when necessary (academic, career, and personal)
- Be knowledgeable of campus policies and procedures (or be able to find the necessary information)
- Know who your advisor is and how to contact them
- Check ECU email on a daily basis
- Be familiar with the undergraduate catalog, major requirements, and the ECU web site
- Come prepared to advising sessions (questions, research, etc.)
- Communicate with your advisor as needed (problems, concerns, questions, good news, etc.)
- Make appointments and keep them!
- Take responsibility for your academic progress!
Why Choose a Major in the COB
The College of Business offers several majors and concentrations. Hear from faculty and students their perspectives on them.