Graduate Assistant New Hire Forms

I-9 Verification Form

Once your contract has been fully approved, you will be contacted by the Student Employment Office if you need to complete your Federal I-9. The Federal I-9 form is used to verify the identity and work authorization of employees working in the US.

If an I-9 is needed, you will receive an email from HireRight to complete Section 1 of the I-9 Form. Please check your junk/spam mail if you have not received this email after 2 weeks of accepting your GA offer. For current or returning student workers, a new I-9 is needed after 3 years. If there is a break in employment or documents (e.g. your passport) have expired – Section 1 and 2 are needed. If documents are still valid, only section 1 is needed.

  • Section 1 must be completed online on/or before your 1st day of employment.
  • Section 2 must be completed in person within 3 days of beginning work. An appointment is required. Make an appointment by emailing Marylin Alphin.  located in Human Resources Office – 210 E First St Building 127. Bring one document from List A OR one document from List B and List C from the Hiring Packet.

If you are not currently residing in Greenville, you may bring these documents to the SEO office as soon as you arrive in Greenville. HR will make a copy of these documents for employment eligibility purposes.
HR must view the originals, so it is not acceptable to provide them with copies of your identification documents. GAs should expect to see the “Employee” tab to appear in Self Service Banner approximately 7-10 business days.

TOP TIP: It is recommended you also bring your Direct Deposit Form and documentation with you to this appointment since the Payroll office is located across the street from Human Resources.

Direct Deposit Form

Direct deposit is required of all University employees. Please get a statement from your bank showing checking account routing information or provide a voided check to attach to the Direct Deposit Form.  Print, complete and sign the deposit form found in the Hiring Packet.

Tax Forms 

Tax forms should be completed online. Complete and submit the W4 and NC4 in Self Service Banner via PiratePort. Reach out to Payroll if you have any questions about tax forms.

International students, please contact to schedule your appointment to complete your tax assessment. You will also need to obtain a Social Security Number, so please contact Dr. Bill Mallett, Assistant Director of International Student Advisement, 252-328-1939 to help you with this process.