Current ECU Employees
As an ECU employee, you have access to the textbook loan program as well as the tuition waiver opportunity. The tuition waiver program means that ECU employees can take up to 3 classes/9 hours an academic year free of charge, and the year starts over each fall with 3 more eligible classes. Access the tuition waiver form through Banner Self Service in PiratePort.
- Sufficient entrance exam score OR an approved entrance exam waiver if applying for a COB degree (MBA, MSA, MS-STH). COB certificates do not require an entrance exam.
- Request official transcripts be sent to ECU Graduate School. Address is: 131 Ragsdale, Greenville, NC 27858-4353 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Graduate School cannot access your transcripts submitted at the time of hire.
- Submit an application for admissions to the Graduate School.
- Submit an email request to the Graduate School to waive the application fee. See below for more information.
- Upload your current resume to your admissions application.
Application Fee Waiver Process
In order to request the fee waiver for full-time permanent ECU employees, send your full name, program you are applying to and Banner ID to email@example.com. Please use “East Carolina Full-Time Employee” as the subject line in your email. The verification process may take up to 3 business days. After verification, you will receive an email with a promo code to waive your application fee.