Master of Business Administration
Quality + Value
ECU’s College of Business has been AACSB accredited since 1967. Less than 5% of the world’s business schools have earned an AACSB accreditation —considered the gold star in management education. And as a member of PirateNation, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with our accomplished alumni and friends of the program!
Over $300,000 in COB graduate student scholarships is awarded each year. And more than $550,000 is awarded annually for graduate assistantships. Our MBA program consistently ranks as a Best Buy for online education. Depending on the number of course waivers you have, you can earn our world-class MBA for less than $15,000! See our tuition page for more information.
This quality and cost combination makes our program a smart choice for a wide variety of students. Apply today!
Online or On-Campus
You can pursue the MBA program on-campus, completely online, or as a combination of two delivery methods. Requirements and structure of the program are the same regardless of on-campus or online delivery. There is no residency requirement.
The ECU MBA program is designed for both business and non-business undergraduates. The degree is completely self-contained, requiring no prerequisite business experience or course work. Your classmates bring a variety of perspectives and experiences to class discussions and projects, which makes your learning even more diverse and rich.
Complete your MBA in as few as 11 classes! We would be happy to determine your specific program course requirements prior to admission. Contact our office for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org or 252.328.6970
Customized & Flexible
We customize the program to fit YOU based on past academic experience and performance. That means no cohorts and no dictated pace. The ECU MBA is truly a program where you create a schedule that works with your life, alongside the support and guidance of a dedicated advisor. You can set your own pace throughout the program – taking between one to five courses each semester. You can even take a semester or more off if needed.
Courses may be taken in any order, provided prerequisites are met. And because all the foundation and CBK courses are offered EVERY fall, spring, and summer, you won’t be waiting on us to offer the courses you need!
The program is a maximum of 18 courses, or 54 semester hours, and provides an engaging and flexible education in the theory and practice of business management – exposing you to a range of subjects, including economics, marketing, accounting, finance, strategy, operations management, information systems, and supply chain management. These courses are divided into three categories:
- 7 foundation courses. The foundation component quickly gives a non-business undergraduate student the same academic knowledge base as an undergraduate business or accounting student. You can be waived out of these on a course-by-course basis if you’ve completed similar undergraduate courses in the past. Contact our office for more information on course waivers. email@example.com or 252.328.6970
- 8 common body of knowledge (CBK) courses. No matter what career path you choose, you will experience business scenarios and decision-making challenges. These required courses provide you with a portfolio of managerial tools and techniques as well as the “softer” skills needed to succeed as a manager.
- 3 electives/Graduate certificate Choose from over 30 different electives to tailor your MBA experience to your career goals, or opt for a graduate certificate to satisfy your elective requirement. Most certificates require four or five courses, effectively adding one or two additional courses to your program. These 13 COB-affiliated certificates are designed to provide you with meaningful insight into the issues of a specific industry from colleges or departments both inside and outside the College of Business. Certificates are awarded from the respective colleges or departments in conjunction with your degree and successful completion of a certificate is reflected on your transcript.
The MBA degree program is open to students with baccalaureate degrees in any discipline from institutions accredited by a CHEA-recognized institutional accrediting agency who present evidence of their ability to pursue graduate study. The decision is based on a combination of factors, including, but not limited to, satisfying minimum GPA and entrance exam scores as noted below. The College of Business does not require letters of recommendation or a statement of purpose. See our Admissions page for a complete listing of admissions requirements and more information.
- GMAT* score of 450^ or greater or approved GMAT waiver AND
- At least 950** points in this formula: (200 x GPA) + GMAT . The minimum GMAT score that will be considered is 450^.
Applicants whose cumulative GPA is less than 2.7 and/or score less than 500 on the GMAT may be subject to strict minimum GPA requirements upon admission. ^Applicants who score between a 400 and 440 should contact our office to speak with an advisor regarding possible admissions routes. *Applicants may submit a GRE score in-lieu of a GMAT score. For a given GRE score, the Predicted GMAT Total Score will be used to determine a student’s eligibility for admission. **International students must earn 1000 points in the admission formula with a minimum 500 on the GMAT.
As a COB graduate student, you have full access to the services and programs offered by the College of Business (COB), including our Career Center, our Communications Center, and our annual Business Student Leadership Conference. We provide additional, dedicated support to extend student success and are well-prepared to address the needs our graduate students whether they are on campus or online.